What will 2021 hold for businesses that make in the UK?
In the last episode of 2020, and the last of series two, I look at some of the trends that I think will impact businesses that make in the UK in the coming 12 months.
Listen to this episode to hear my predictions – and let me know if you think I’ve missed anything out!
Here are my 11 trends for UK manufacturing and British-made brands in 2021:
- From Global to Local 128, Rob Law MBE, Trunki 122, Maria Grachvogel
- The Brexit Effect 104, Tamara Cincik, Fashion Roundtable
- Sustainability 140, Christopher Nieper OBE, David Nieper 106, Nick Morley, Faering
- A Nation of Online Shopkeepers 147, Catherine Erdly, Resilient Retail Club
- Micro-factories 129, Samantha Brook, Waring Brook 142, Julie Deane, Cambridge Satchel
- Make-on-Demand 137, Kornit Digital and Gerber Technology
- Making Fashion Circular
- The Decline of Fast Fashion 125, Dominique Muller, Labour Behind the Label 130, Calculating Cost per Wear
- Make Do and Mend 141, Emma Mathews, Socko
- Skills 104, Tamara Cincik, Fashion Roundtable
- Authenticity Being authentic is the way to be in 2021
Thinking of launching a brand in 2021 that’s made in the UK? Sign up to my How to launch a UK-made brand course.
Stay in Touch
British Brand Accelerator – Find out how you can work with me to build your British-made brand
Join Make it British – become a member of our community and promote your business in our directory or UK-made brands and manufacturers
Make it British on YouTube – subscribe to my YouTube channel to watch many of the podcast episodes as videos.