142 – Julie Deane OBE, Cambridge Satchel Company
Julie Deane OBE, set up the Cambridge Satchel Company in 2008 with £600 and went on to make it a global, multi-million pound business.
In this interview, she tells the story behind the brand, and talks about how the business has evolved over the last 12 years.
- Why she ended up setting up her own factory and why she’d recommend that any other brand should do the same
- What advice she would give to someone setting up a British-made brand
- Why she decided to manufacture the bags in the UK
- How Julie holds a world record for listening to business pitches
- Why a new business should never call themselves a brand
- How investment changed the business
Speaking to Julie Deane OBE on IGTV
View this post on Instagram
Chatting to Julie Deane OBE from Cambridge Satchel Company about why you should buy made in the UK gifts this Christmas. Looking for UK-made gift inspiration? Make it British Gift Guide is here! https://makeitbritish.co.uk/uk-christmas-gifts-2020/ Recorded live as part of our @makeitbritishpopup #makeitbritishpopup #buybritishchristmas #giftinspo #madeinUK #shoplocal #shopsmall #supportsmallbusinesses #madeinbritain