Julie Deane CBE is the founder of The Cambridge Satchel Company, which manufactures all its bags in the UK.
In this episode, recorded as an Instagram Live on Made in UK Day, I chat to Julie about why the Cambridge Satchels are made in the UK, and how important it is to retain craftsmanship here in Britain.
Back in October 2021 I also had the good fortune to be invited inside the Cambridge Satchel factory. I wrote a blog post all about it where I shared photos taken by my daughter Flossie who accompanied me on the trip, showing the craftsmanship that goes into making each Cambridge Satchel bag.
- [03:17] Why Julie feels there should be a kitemark to recognise products made in the UK
- [06:04] How Julie thinks we can encourage more people to find out where products are made
- [08:29] Why sustainability is so important to the Cambridge Satchel brand
- [11:43] The reason why Julie decided to set up Cambridge Satchel’s own factory
- [15:28] Julie’s advice for small businesses looking to get their name out there
Episode 142 – Julie Deane CBE – Building a Great British Brand
More Cambridge Satchel
- Most Popular
- Solo Episodes