183 – It was a stupid idea in the pub and now it’s a million pound business – Brant Richards, HebTroCo
Brant Richards is one of the founders of HebTroCo.
5 years ago, he and his business partner Ed had an idea in the pub – to start making trousers in Hebden Bridge, a town in Yorkshire that was once renowned for its trouser making.
They launched the business on Kickstarter, knowing nothing about making trousers, and within five hours of switching on their crowd-funding campaign they had sold their first 176 pairs. So Brant and Ed quit their jobs and went on a journey that has seen them turnover more than a million pounds.
Since their initial launch they’ve added jeans, shirts, socks and the now pretty much infamous action blanket.
- Why making trousers isn’t rocket science [06:20]
- How HebTroCo invest in advertising to grow their mailing list and increase sales [20:38]
- How much it really costs to make jeans in the UK [24:37]
- How Brant and Ed met [27:06]
- The success of their Kickstarter campaign when they sold 176 pairs in 5 hours [30:50]
- The marketing tip that Brant has for other brands [31:40]
- How HebTroCo work with their factories [40:04]
- The products that HebTroCo are launching next [41:52]