Brant Richards is one of the founders of HebTroCo.
5 years ago, he and his business partner Ed had an idea in the pub – to start making trousers in Hebden Bridge, a town in Yorkshire that was once renowned for its trouser making.They launched the business on Kickstarter, knowing nothing about making trousers, and within five hours of switching on their crowd-funding campaign they had sold their first 176 pairs. So Brant and Ed quit their jobs and went on a journey that has seen them turnover more than a million pounds.
Since their initial launch they’ve added jeans, shirts, socks and the now pretty much infamous action blanket.
- Why making trousers isn’t rocket science 06:20
- How HebTroCo invest in advertising to grow their mailing list and increase sales 20:38
- How much it really costs to make jeans in the UK 24:37
- How Brant and Ed met 27:06
- The success of their Kickstarter campaign when they sold 176 pairs in 5 hours 30:50
- The marketing tip that Brant has for other brands 31:40
- How HebTroCo work with their factories 40:04
- The products that HebTroCo are launching next 41:52
Stay in Touch
British Brand Accelerator – Find out how you can work with me to build your British-made brand
Join Make it British – become a member of our community and promote your business in our directory or UK-made brands and manufacturers
Make it British on YouTube – subscribe to my YouTube channel to watch many of the podcast episodes as videos.