5 Reasons why you should attend a trade show
One of the best ways of finding suppliers and manufacturers is by attending a trade show, but there are many other benefits. We give you 5 reasons why attending a trade show is essential to your business.
If you’re at all serious about making in the UK, trade shows should be planned as a necessary part of your research.
Doing business face-to-face is essential where product is concerned and trade shows offer the ideal opportunity to do this.
Networking in a ‘real life’ situation opens up so many opportunities to share ideas, build relationships and collaborations with like-minded businesses, in a way that on-line networking can’t match.
Read on to find out why you should be scheduling your attendance as part of your business planning.
1. It shows you mean business
Manufacturers are inundated with emails from prospective new clients and they can only take on a limited amount of new business at a time. Meeting face-to-face will help you to show them you’re serious, and the potential in your business.
2. You can meet and compare several suppliers at the same time
How else could you meet and talk with so many suppliers and manufacturers all in one day? Trade shows allow you to cover a lot of ground in a short space of time.
3. It aids communication
Meeting face-to-face, especially if you can show sketches and samples, and in turn see their products, minimises the chance of misinterpretation.
4. You can see the products in real life
There is no other way to see the quality of the supplier or manufacturers workmanship without being able to touch and feel the products. This is information you simply can’t gain from their website.
5. It can give you ideas
Attending a trade show can open up new possibilities that you may not have thought of before.
Who knows what you might find when to take the time to look around and see what the exhibitors have to offer?
Make it British are hosting our annual trade show on 29 & 30 May 2019.
Why visit Make it British Live?
- It is the only 100% British sourcing event
- Visit manufacturers from all over the British Isles
- Find all types of suppliers – from materials and garments, to accessories and homeware
- Discover British-made products to stock in your outlets
- Meet like-minded British-made businesses to collaborate with
- Make valuable industry connections and network with decision makers
- Be informed and inspired by the talks from a stellar line-up of speakers, all chosen as innovators in the UK manufacturing industry