003 – Why is UK Manufacturing Important?
What difference does it really make if you choose to manufacture in the UK rather than overseas?
You may wonder why I think it is so important that we support our UK manufacturers and continue to make here in Britain. In this episode I talk through some of the reasons why I bang the drum for UK manufacturing.
Hear me discuss how UK manufacturing can:
- Make the most of the exchange rate, especially with Brexit looming
- Support the UK economy
- Provide well paid and highly skilled jobs
- Create communities
- Be sustainable and environmentally responsible
- Offer short lead times for your product
- Give a sense of pride in what we are able to produce in the UK
Subscribe to this podcast – and support UK manufacturing
Business Design Centre, London N1
Want to find out how your business can benefit from being at the show? Apply here