005 – So you want to manufacture in the UK?
There are so many benefits to having your product made in the UK. But, once you’ve made the decision to make here, how do you find the right manufacturer for you?
Whether you’re starting out with a new brand, or you’ve been making overseas and want to bring your production back to the UK, it can be difficult to know how to find the perfect UK manufacturer for your business.
In this episode I help you with some advice if you’re just starting out on your journey to look for a UK factory to work with. Chances are you’ve been looking in the wrong place.
- Why you shouldn’t start with Google
- How to spot if a ‘UK-based’ manufacture actually have their production facilities in Britain
- The importance of using the phone in your search to find a UK manufacturer
- The questions that you need to ask a potential manufacturer
- Where you can get your hands on a comprehensive list of vetted UK manufacturers and suppliers
Subscribe to this podcast – and support UK manufacturing
Make it British UK Manufacturers List: makeitbritish.co.uk/guide
Business Design Centre, London N1
Want to find out how your business can benefit from being at the show? Apply here