Kitty Bruce-Gardyne is the founder of Scottish Textiles Showcase. Originally set up to give people special guided tours around the textile mills in Scotland, Scottish Textile Showcase is now a retail destination in Edinburgh.
The shop represents some of Scotland’s best textile businesses and Kitty tells the story of why she so passionately supports Scotland’s Textile Industry.
There’s also a video version of this interview. So if you want to see inside Kitty’s store, head on over to the Make it British YouTube channel.
- [02:55] How Kitty came to run textile tours around Scotland
- [08:09] Why she decided to set up her shop the Scottish Textiles Showcase
- [13:33] How Kitty decides which makers are represented in her shop
- [17:22] Why Kitty believes the Made in Scotland brand is so important
- [21:57] The collection of traditional Scottish textiles that are available both instore and online
- [28:48] How you can book your own tour to visit Scotland’s textile mills
More Scottish Textiles Showcase
- Most Popular
- Solo Episodes