Charlotte Raffo is the founder of The Monkey Puzzle Tree, a homeware business that creates award-winning, artist-designed fabrics and wallpapers with a twist and a conscience.
Working with artists and designers to produce the most beautiful collection of products, Charlotte’s brand makes everything within a hundred-mile radius of Leeds.
The business has also recently won two awards for its design and innovation – a Guildmark for their cork wallpaper, and ‘Best in British Product Design’ award at the Brit List Awards.
- [03:02] Charlotte’s background and why she set up her own business
- [10:20] How the brand works with local artists
- [12:01] Why Charlotte chooses to not follow trends and work with artists with unique styles
- [14:41] How Charlotte goes about deciding on the fabrics, processes and manufacturers to use to make her products
- [23:37] The trade shows Charlotte attends and why she sees that as an important way to market her business
- [32:54] Why Charlotte believes you have to invest in your business for the long term
- [42:05] How the name of the brand came about
More The Monkey Puzzle Tree