Rebecca Mills has a background in buying and retail for some big-name brands, yet when it came to running her own business she found it very different.
In this episode, she talks about how different it is running her own brand and some of the common mistakes that it is easy to make when you love designing products!
- The challenges of developing a product for your own brand versus doing it for a big, corporate company [08:16]
- How to value engineer a product to make your prices work [08:54]
- Why Rebecca decided to make in the UK [11:29]
- Why Rebecca is using the words ‘responsible’ and ‘transparent’ rather than sustainable [13:20]
- The benefits of having a bricks and mortar store to gain valuable customer feedback [16:39]
- How working with Kate in her coaching programme has helped Rebecca to get clarity on her product range [20:30]
- How Rebecca has gained confidence in her brand message and being able to focus more on how she spends her time [23:26]
- Rebecca’s advice for selling on marketplaces and how she’s made it work for her business [31:04]
More Rebecca J Mills
Design Pop Teddington Store > 141 Stanley Road, Teddington, TW11 8UF
Apply for my live private training “The 3-part framework for developing profitable UK-made products with ease” – katehills.co.uk/application