139 – Launching a luxury British childrenswear brand – Rachael Attwood, Britannical
Listen to this episode of the Make it British Podcast (35:39)
Rachael Attwood is the founder of luxury childrenswear brand Britannical, and a long-standing member of Make it British.
The business started life making outwear for babies and was originally called The Great British Baby Company.
The brand is known for its coats, which are now made for children up to 12 years old, and an adults line is in development too.
Britannical is an ethical brand with a strong commitment to sustainability, using British wool cloth for their coats. The brand has developed a strong aesthetic which plays with the idea of Britishness but in a way that does not take itself too seriously!
- How Rachael used Make it British to find a good manufacturer who understood the needs of the brand
- Why dialogue with a manufacturer is so important
- How to get a manufacturer to answer your emails
- How trial and error is important when launching a brand
- The importance of attention to detail
- The digital strategy for the brand and why Pinterest has been a focus for them
To be in with a chance of winning a prize from the giveaway and the special offer code from Make it British members register here.
Make it British virtual pop-up on Instagram @makeitbritishpopup