135 – How to grow a business in difficult times – Hedley Putnam, Putnams
Putnams is an award-winning homeware manufacturer based in Plymouth, Devon.
The business was started over 40 years ago by Hedley Putnams’ parents, and he and his sister Bubbles now run the business.
Hedley had no intention of working in the family business but found that he loved working in manufacturing and employing people locally.
- Why you should listen to customer feedback and how you can use it to grow sales
- The advantages of being a UK manufacturer in difficult times
- Why you shouldn’t be afraid of failure if you want your business to succeed
- How to win awards for your company
- Why UK businesses should consider drop-shipping
- How Brexit has grown demand for their products
The book about failure that Hedley talks about is Matthew Syed – Black Box Thinking