058 – Peter Grey, Just Elegant – How Supermarkets Have Killed the High Street
Peter Grey is new business manager for Just Elegant – a garment manufacturer in Leicester.
In this episode he gives an interesting insight from a manufacturer’s perspective into how the garment industry in Leicester has changed over the last few decades, and how it is closely linked to the UK high street.
In this episode discover:
- Why his company doesn’t have a website
- The truth about the relationships garment manufacturers have with the High Street
- How he develops products for his ideal customers
- The downsides to working with digital print
- How the supermarkets have affected the high street
In this episode Peter talks about a fabric called ITY – this stands for Interlock Twist Yarn
Just Elegant will be exhibiting at Make it British Live! on 29 & 30 May.
Subscribe to this podcast – and support UK manufacturing