On today’s episode I am chatting to Maxine Wells, who is the founder of Intimate Apparel Samples, a small lingerie studio in North West London.
Getting lingerie made in the UK can be challenging. Whilst the UK once had thousands of machinists making underwear for the likes of Marks & Spencers, sadly there are only now only a handful of lingerie manufacturers left in the UK.
I took a trip to Brent Cross where Intimate Apparel Samples is based to ask Maxine why there aren’t more lingerie manufacturers in the UK and the benefits of having a great relationship with your manufacturer.
- How Maxine set up Intimate Apparel Samples after she had her own lingerie brand [03:14]
- Why Maxine believes there is such a lack of lingerie and swimwear manufacturers in the UK [05:30]
- The main pitfalls when it comes to making lingerie, and Maxine’s advice for how to avoid them [09:49]
- Why having a great relationship with your manufacturer is so important [12:43]
- How Maxine ensures she gets the fit right for her clients [14:49]
- Why Maxine enjoys meeting the clients she works with to build a working relationship [23:40]
More from Intimate Apparel Samples
Stay in Touch
British Brand Accelerator – A 6-month group programme for small businesses who want to manufacture and sell profitable UK-made products.
Join Make it British – become a member of our community and promote your business in our directory or UK-made brands and manufacturers
Make it British on YouTube – subscribe to my YouTube channel to watch many of the podcast episodes as videos.