In this episode, I chat with Oscar Boatfield, who is one of the co-founders of bags and accessory brand BearMade who make all of their bags in the UK. If ever there was a great example of a business doing the right thing by both the planet and its customers, then BearMade is definitely it.
- 02:27 What Oscar was doing before BearMade which led to the launch of his business
- 07:00 How Oscar found BearMade’s niche market
- 09:09 Why Oscar doesn’t offer discounts on their products
- 11:20 Why Oscar and his wife Nell set up The Wildish Club
- 14:20 How BearMade sticks by their brand ethics
- 20:14 Why Oscar has been so honest with their customers about raising the prices of their products
- 22:20 How Oscar is able to retain good value on his well-made bags
Mentioned in this Episode
Stay in Touch
British Brand Accelerator – Find out how you can work with me to build your British-made brand
Join Make it British – become a member of our community and promote your business in our directory or UK-made brands and manufacturers
Make it British on YouTube – subscribe to my YouTube channel to watch many of the podcast episodes as videos.