In this episode, I chat with childrenswear designer Dawn Clarke, who is a member of Make It British and a part of our British Brand Accelerator programme.
Dawn tells us all about her journey going from making everything in-house and bespoke, to creating ready-to-wear pieces with a UK manufacturer.
- 04:03 Why Dawn made the switch from offering bespoke to ready-to-wear children’s clothing
- 07:51 How being in the British Brand Accelerator programme helped Dawn to understand her customer
- 11:59 What groundwork Dawn did before she started to reach out to UK manufacturers
- 16:39 How Dawn overcame issues she had with her fabrics
- 18:44 What special, one off features appear on Dawn’s child’s dresses
- 20:27 How we helped Dawn prioritise marketing her products over making more garments
- 25:16 What advice Dawn would give to someone who is currently making everything themselves and is thinking of outsourcing some of their production
Mentioned in this Episode
British Brand Accelerator – Find out how you can work with me to build your British-made brand More Dawn Clarke Designs
Stay in Touch
British Brand Accelerator – Find out how you can work with me to build your British-made brand
Join Make it British – become a member of our community and promote your business in our directory or UK-made brands and manufacturers
Make it British on YouTube – subscribe to my YouTube channel to watch many of the podcast episodes as videos.