Joining me this week is Veronica Galbraith from fun, colourful homewares brand Republic of Happy. Originally from Colombia and now living permanently in Cornwall, Veronica is a graphic designer turned surface pattern designer. She tells me all about how she deals with perfectionism and the things she would have done differently when launching her printed textile business in the UK.
We also discuss the one thing that she did before she launched her business which led to her selling out in the first week!
- 03:42 How Veronica’s design background has influenced how Republic of Happy came about
- 08:05 How Veronica decided what products she wanted to make
- 12:17 Why Veronica puts together inspiring emails to her customers
- 14:50 How Veronica decided on her pricing and why she stuck with them
- 18:00 Why Veronica recommends other small businesses to invest in their marketing
- 26:08 How Veronica won an advertising package for her brand
Mentioned in this Episode
More Republic of Happy
Stay in Touch
British Brand Accelerator – Find out how you can work with me to build your British-made brand
Join Make it British – become a member of our community and promote your business in our directory or UK-made brands and manufacturers
Make it British on YouTube – subscribe to my YouTube channel to watch many of the podcast episodes as videos.