Find out about an exciting recycled cashmere collaboration between three UK businesses.
Dr. John Parkinson from iinouiio, Graham Holbrook from Turtle Doves, and Emma Mathews from Socko, share how the project came about, the importance of making in the UK and the possibilities of UK-made regenerated yarns in the future. Discover:
- 04:41 How the collaboration came about between the 3 UK businesses
- 10:15 Why it’s important for businesses to consider the circular economy of their products
- 12:19 Why British wool was chosen as a component of the socks alongside cashmere
- 15:07 How the socks could be recycled when they become unusable
- 24:25 Where the collaborators see the project going in the future
- 28:34 The manufacturing process behind the making of the socks
- 35:26 The possibilities for UK-made regenerated yarns being used more regularly
More Turtle Doves
Stay in Touch
British Brand Accelerator – Find out how you can work with me to build your British-made brand
Join Make it British – become a member of our community and promote your business in our directory or UK-made brands and manufacturers
Make it British on YouTube – subscribe to my YouTube channel to watch many of the podcast episodes as videos.