Summer is a time for holidays – not just for you, but also for your manufacturer and suppliers.
The Factory Fortnight – a time when manufacturers traditionally shuttered their doors for a couple of weeks – may be less common in the 21st century, but it is still something to prepare for.
In this episode I talk about the history of the Factory Fortnight, and what you can do to make sure that you are prepared for any lull in production during the summer months.
- 02:12 Why Factory Fortnight started in the UK and what that meant for workers at the factory.
- 04:08 How Factory Fortnight differed depending on each region in the UK.
- 05:09 How the summer holidays affect manufacturers in the 21st Century.
- 06:00 How to prepare for factory closures during the summer.
- 09:12 How Factory Fornight can increase productivity.
Stay in Touch
British Brand Accelerator – Find out how you can work with me to build your British-made brand
Join Make it British – become a member of our community and promote your business in our directory or UK-made brands and manufacturers
Make it British on YouTube – subscribe to my YouTube channel to watch many of the podcast episodes as videos.