Kitty Bruce-Gardyne is the founder of Scottish Textiles Showcase. Originally set up to give people special guided tours around the textile mills in Scotland, Scottish Textile Showcase is now a retail destination in Edinburgh.
The shop represents some of Scotland’s best textile businesses and Kitty tells the story of why she so passionately supports the Scottish textile industry.
There’s also a video version of this interview. So if you want to see inside Kitty’s store, head on over to the Make it British YouTube channel.
- 02:55 How Kitty came to run textile tours around Scotland
- 08:09 Why she decided to set up her shop the Scottish Textiles Showcase
- 13:33 How Kitty decides which makers are represented in her shop
- 17:22 Why Kitty believes the Made in Scotland brand is so important
- 21:57 The collection of traditional Scottish textiles that are available both instore and online
- 28:48 How you can book your own tour to visit Scotland’s textile mills
More Scottish Textiles Showcase
Stay in Touch
British Brand Accelerator – Find out how you can work with me to build your British-made brand
Join Make it British – become a member of our community and promote your business in our directory or UK-made brands and manufacturers
Make it British on YouTube – subscribe to my YouTube channel to watch many of the podcast episodes as videos.