Charlotte Raffo is the founder of The Monkey Puzzle Tree, a homeware business that creates award-winning, artist designed fabrics and wallpapers with a twist and a conscience.
Working with artists and designers to produce the most beautiful collection of products, The Monkey Puzzle Tree makes everything within a hundred mile radius of Leeds.
The business has also recently won two awards for it’s design and innovation – a Guildmark for their cork wallpaper, and ‘Best in British Product Design’ award at the Brit List Awards.
- 03:02 Charlotte’s background and why she set up her own business.
- 10:20 How The Monkey Puzzle Tree collaborates with local artists.
- 12:01 Why Charlotte chooses to not follow trends and work with artists with unique styles.
- 14:41 How Charlotte goes about deciding on the fabrics, processes and manufacturers to use to make her products.
- 23:37 The trade shows Charlotte attends and why she sees that as an important way to market her business.
- 32:54 Why Charlotte believes you have to invest in your business for the long term.
- 42:05 How the name The Monkey Puzzle Tree came about.
More The Monkey Puzzle Tree
Stay in Touch
British Brand Accelerator – Find out how you can work with me to build your British-made brand
Join Make it British – become a member of our community and promote your business in our directory or UK-made brands and manufacturers
Make it British on YouTube – subscribe to my YouTube channel to watch many of the podcast episodes as videos.