Lucy Jones was the founder of a prestigious, luxury lingerie brand back in the 1980s.
Her distinctive silk lingerie was stocked in retailers such as Harvey Nichols and Rigby & Peller.
After two decades working in education, Lucy decided to relaunch her lingerie brand, making the entire collection herself and at a small atelier in the UK.
In this episode, Lucy speaks about some of the differences between running a luxury ingerie brand in the 1980s, compared to today.
- 02:18 How Lucy first got into the industry
- 04:09 Launching a lingerie brand in the 1980s
- 09:20 How Lucy wholesaled to prestigious London stores
- 14:21 Why Lucy decided to close her original business
- 20:23 The challenges Lucy faced when she relaunched her business in 2019
- 23:29 How the pandemic has caused Lucy to focus on the online presence of her brand
- 27:28 Lucy’s thoughts on today’s disposable fashion culture
More Lucy Jones Lingerie
Stay in Touch
British Brand Accelerator – Find out how you can work with me to build your British-made brand
Join Make it British – become a member of our community and promote your business in our directory or UK-made brands and manufacturers
Make it British on YouTube – subscribe to my YouTube channel to watch many of the podcast episodes as videos.