Today I’m chatting to Lindsey James, who is the founder of womenswear brand Violet Flamingo.
Lindsey was making and selling bespoke clothing for her clients from her studio before covid hit. Finding herself with no way to reach customers during lockdown, she started to do regular Facebook live calls from her studio, talking to her customers just as she would do if they were visiting her in person.
She soon found that the calls were a great way for her to continue serving her customers during lockdown.
Lindsey has some great tips for anyone that says they don’t do live video!
- The inspiration behind the Violet Flamingo brand 02:18
- Why Lindsey created a Facebook group for fans of Violet Flamingo 10:44
- How Lindsey uses live video to talk to her customers about the making of her clothing 13:22
- The reason why Lindsey offers a more personalised service for her customers 15:03
- How Lindsey has introduced ready to wear pieces within her bespoke collection 16:37
- Why Lindsey is now working with a UK manufacturer 18:35
- The inspiration behind the garments Lindsey designs 24:26
- The tips Lindsey gives for those who may want to give live video a try 35:53
More Lindsey James & Violet Flamingo
Stay in Touch
British Brand Accelerator – Find out how you can work with me to build your British-made brand
Join Make it British – become a member of our community and promote your business in our directory or UK-made brands and manufacturers
Make it British on YouTube – subscribe to my YouTube channel to watch many of the podcast episodes as videos.