Choosing a manufacturer is one of the most important decisions you can make in the development of your products, so it’s important to find the right one.
When you are assessing whether a manufacturer is a good fit for you there are certain questions that you should ask them. Some of these questions you may want to ask over the phone initially, in order to narrow down your choice, but others, such as those about price, are best approached in a face to face situation.
In this episode, I cover some of the key questions you should ask a manufacturer to get to know them better.
- Why it’s important to see the factory floor 03:18
- What you can benefit from seeing a manufacturer face to face 04:40
- What audits you might expect them to have and why they may not have any 05:48
- Why it’s important to know who else they manufacture for 06:56
- Why you may not want to ask them to sign an NDA 07:53
- The all-important payment question 11:04
- Why UK manufacturers are likely to charge for samples 16:14
Stay in Touch
British Brand Accelerator – Find out how you can work with me to build your British-made brand
Join Make it British – become a member of our community and promote your business in our directory or UK-made brands and manufacturers
Make it British on YouTube – subscribe to my YouTube channel to watch many of the podcast episodes as videos.