If you want to launch a clothing label should you get your first samples made by a seamstress or should you go straight to working with a factory?
In this episode, I cover the pros and cons of both so that you can make the decision for yourself as to which you think is best for your business.
- How a seamstress can translate your ideas into an initial prototype 02:32
- Why you should start with a small production run 04:11
- The price difference between a seamstress and a factory 04:50
- One of the downsides of working with a seamstress is they may not have certain types of machinery that a factory might have 05:47
- The difference in the way a seamstress might make something compared to a factory 07:29
- The advantages of working with a factory when your sales take off 10:33
Stay in Touch
British Brand Accelerator – Find out how you can work with me to build your British-made brand
Join Make it British – become a member of our community and promote your business in our directory or UK-made brands and manufacturers
Make it British on YouTube – subscribe to my YouTube channel to watch many of the podcast episodes as videos.