How can you find deadstock materials for your brand?
In this episode, Dessy from Fashion Insiders & Co and I discuss some of the challenges of starting a fashion brand, including one of the biggest challenges of all, which is how to find raw materials in small quantities.
Dessy has recently launched a platform call My Factori which hosts online pop-up sales selling raw materials that designers may otherwise not have access to.
It also solves a problem for the manufacturers that have cash tied up in raw materials sitting in their factories that they can’t use.
- The moment Dessy realised she didn’t want to work as a fashion designer 02:03
- How she launched the manufacturing platform Utelier 03:59
- The biggest challenges for people setting up a brand in 2021 05:40
- What criteria you shoud look for when trying to find someone to help you with manufacturing. 08:49
- The challenge of finding raw materials and how Dessy has set up a platform to help solve the issue 11:56
- How manufacturers can sell their deadstock raw materials 24:31
- Other places to find stock / small quantities of sustainable raw materials 34:17
More about Dessy Tsolova and Fashion Insiders & Co
Stay in Touch
British Brand Accelerator – Find out how you can work with me to build your British-made brand
Join Make it British – become a member of our community and promote your business in our directory or UK-made brands and manufacturers
Make it British on YouTube – subscribe to my YouTube channel to watch many of the podcast episodes as videos.