Lee Akpareva is a fashion designer, tailor and technology consultant.
He’s also creative director of Never Fade, a fashion store and creative space on Old Compton Street in London.
We chat about collaborations within the fashion industry, helping new designers get a head start, and how blockchain and technology are impacting the fashion industry and manufacturing.
- About Lee and his background before becoming a designer 02:40
- Having a second-life career 05:34
- Why he decided to go to fashion school as a mature student 07:58
- How he started working with Never Face 10:27
- About the Never Fade store and the designers they work with 12:17
- Why Lee is focusing on UK production 15:32
- How they select the up-and-coming designers for Never Fade 16:09
- How money and funding is a big constraint for new designers 17:43
- Why there’s not more diversity in fashion colleges 18:21
- Why aren’t there more black tailors? 21:40
- Lee’s future plans for his business? 23:23
- Why collaboration is the way forward for the industry 25:31
- The rise of Blockchain and NFC 26:26
- The rise of ‘digital’ clothing and accessories 29:32
- The adoption of technology in fashion manufacturing 32:35
- How we can reinvigorate our high streets 37:06
More about Lee Akpareva
Stay in Touch
British Brand Accelerator – Find out how you can work with me to build your British-made brand
Join Make it British – become a member of our community and promote your business in our directory or UK-made brands and manufacturers
Make it British on YouTube – subscribe to my YouTube channel to watch many of the podcast episodes as videos.