Should you use Made in UK or Made in Britain? And what’s the difference?
A few people have asked why we chose to call the awareness campaign Made in UK Day and not Made in Britain Day.
United Kingdon, Great Britain, The British Isles…it can be very confusing trying to get your head around all the different ways you can describe the countries of England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland.
In this episode, I break down what each one means.
You’ll also get to hear which one gets significantly more internet searches than the other.
- A thank you to everyone that got involved with Made in UK Day [00:45]
- The reach of Made in UK Day campaign and the huge demand for products made in the UK [01:18]
- Why Made in UK Day and not Made in Britain Day? [02:36]
- What Great Britain covers [04:26]
- The area known as The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland [05:29]
- The British Isles [06:04]
- Ireland [06:19]
- Online searches for ‘made in UK’ compared to ‘made in Britain’ [07:55]
Stay in Touch
British Brand Accelerator – Find out how you can work with me to build your British-made brand
Join Make it British – become a member of our community and promote your business in our directory or UK-made brands and manufacturers
Make it British on YouTube – subscribe to my YouTube channel to watch many of the podcast episodes as videos.