Based in Cornwall in the South West of England, Celtic & Co is the original sheepskin boot company.
Kath Whitworth and her husband Nick bought the business 30 years ago and trademarked the UGG boot in the UK.
In this episode, Kath tells the story of how the brand has evolved over the last three decades.
- The history of the Celt boot
- Why Cornwall has such an entrepreneurial spirit
- How the company has navigated Covid*
- Why Celtic & Co have focused on working with natural materials
- Why it’s important that they manufacture locally
* This episode was recorded before England went into its second lockdown
Stay in Touch
British Brand Accelerator – Find out how you can work with me to build your British-made brand
Join Make it British – become a member of our community and promote your business in our directory or UK-made brands and manufacturers
Make it British on YouTube – subscribe to my YouTube channel to watch many of the podcast episodes as videos.