Emma Mathews is the founder of sustainable sock brand Socko and the author of ‘How to quit fast fashion; 100 expert tips for a sustainable wardrobe’ In this episode, she talks about how she went from a career in advertising to launching a sock business, and why we should all learn the lost art of darning socks.
– How Emma found her manufacturer and learnt the process of industrial sock manufacturing
– Why the most sustainable clothes are the ones you already own
– Why we should all learn the lost art of darning
– How to darn your socks – it’s a lot easier than you think!
– How socks fit into the circular economy More about Emma Socko
Stay in Touch
British Brand Accelerator – Find out how you can work with me to build your British-made brand
Join Make it British – become a member of our community and promote your business in our directory or UK-made brands and manufacturers
Make it British on YouTube – subscribe to my YouTube channel to watch many of the podcast episodes as videos.