Johnstons of Elgin is the largest textile manufacturer in the UK. The 223 year old company employs over 1,000 people and was the first to bring cashmere weaving to Scotland.
Simon Cotton is the chief executive of Johnstons, and in this interview these are some of the points we cover:
- The history of Scottish cashmere
- How the business is making its products more sustainable
- The need to focus on high value products
- Supplying private label customers
- Changes he anticipates for the business as a result of Covid-19.
Stay in Touch
British Brand Accelerator – Find out how you can work with me to build your British-made brand
Join Make it British – become a member of our community and promote your business in our directory or UK-made brands and manufacturers
Make it British on YouTube – subscribe to my YouTube channel to watch many of the podcast episodes as videos.