In this episode I look back over the first 100 episodes of this show to find out what makes British-made businesses great.
There are many common themes running running through the last 100 episodes and that I’ve heard again and again from those I’ve interviewed.
Here are the 10 things that make British-made businesses great:
- UK manufacturers are partners to the businesses they make for Katya Wildman (Ep 10), Sian Reekie (23), Tom Glover (72)
- Transparency is integral to their supply chainJenny Holloway (21), Adam Robertson (51), Sophie Slater (94)
- Sustainability is at the forefront of everything they doIan Maclean (12), Mick Cheema (31)
- They are finding different ways to reach the customer James Eden (2)
- Many of them are family businessesEdward Sexton (12), Martin Lowe (47), Peter Phillips (54), Lance Mitchell (55), Chris Woodford (88)
- Authenticity is important to themSimon Middleton (074)
- Craftsmanship is worth preservingKeith Hanshaw (6), Genevieve Sweeney (39), Kate Dawson (64), Jenny Holloway (21), Barbara Burton (70)
- Quality is at their coreAndy Ogden (33), Tony Kelly (77), Joel Chudleigh (82), Richard Ince (96), Elaine Stewart (92)
- It’s not about the moneyHebtroco (68), Heraldic Pottery (84)
- They wouldn’t manufacture anywhere else!Katherine Hooker (35), Tori Murphy (61)
Stay in Touch
British Brand Accelerator – Find out how you can work with me to build your British-made brand
Join Make it British – become a member of our community and promote your business in our directory or UK-made brands and manufacturers
Make it British on YouTube – subscribe to my YouTube channel to watch many of the podcast episodes as videos.