There’s a misconception that manufacturing is unpleasant and unwanted work. That couldn’t be further from the truth. Producing physical product can be incredibly satisfying and fulfilling. Listen to my interview with Keith Hanshaw from The Leather Satchel Co. to find out more about the joy of manufacturing
I had the pleasure of interviewing Keith Hanshaw, who works in his family’s leather satchel business. Keith discusses the joy he finds in manufacturing – in creating something of value with skill and intelligence, and the pride that goes with that. And, how that joy and pride in the manufacturing process can form the foundation of a successful commercial business.
- How his family business started
- Why craftsmanship is at the heart of everything his business does
- How the business survived the downturn in UK manufacturing in the 1990s and what turned it around
- How he connects with his customers by sharing the processes and craft that goes into his products
- The benefits of selling direct to the customer
- Why value is much more important than price
Leather Satchel Co. shop at Albert Dock:19, Albert Dock Liverpool L3 4AD
Stay in Touch
British Brand Accelerator – Find out how you can work with me to build your British-made brand
Join Make it British – become a member of our community and promote your business in our directory or UK-made brands and manufacturers
Make it British on YouTube – subscribe to my YouTube channel to watch many of the podcast episodes as videos.