- Mulberry sees profits soar, as it announces a 69% increase in sales. The company, known for it’s British made handbags, is expanding production capacity at its Somerset factory, creating 50 new manufacturing jobs and adding 30% to UK production capacity.
- Anya Hindmarch, the British handbag designer, talks about her business, including the choice of factories that she uses to make her bags.
- This is Money reports on the return to sourcing in the UK by some High St retailers, a story covered by Drapers a lot of late, although it fails to offer true support for the cause.
- Mini – The next generation of the Mini will be built at BMW’s factory in Cowley, Oxfordshire.
- Manufacture and Industry is always worth a read, and has cover this week of textile weaving in Wales.
Tweets of note from the last seven days
- @theiouproject – “University of Cambridge study on sustainability of fashion in the UK http://fb.me/RcReCeL0“
- @sehkelly Last maker, shoemaker, glass eye maker. Fine compendium of London trades by Tim Clements. bit.ly/ivNOdY
- @EEF_Insights Have a great photo that sums up UK manufacturing? Then take a look at this http://ow.ly/5hp1U
- @visitbritain Top 10 must-see TOWERS in Britain: ??http://bit.ly/m29m0p
- Made in Britain by Evan Davis on BBC2 this Monday, will take a look inside some of this country’s remaining factories and discuss how manufacturing might rebuild and shape Britain’s economy.
Subscribe to the newsletter to receive The Sunday Best in your inbox every Sunday.