- Katherine Hooker , the British designer, is to launch an exclusive cashmere line with Johnstons of Elgin, the Scottish luxury cashmere mill.
- S.E.H. Kelly have a great piece on their blog about a mill in the Heavy Woollen District in the north of England.
- J Price – Britain’s last remaining tennis ball manufacturer says “my work is a load of balls” , but provides great insight into his British factory.
- UK manufacturers report rising cost prices, according to the CBI, but a slim majority still say that orders are better than normal.
- From Britain with Love, a site about all things British, has a guest post by us this week. Well worth a read!
Tweets of note from the last seven days
- @HarrysofLondon We have some rather dashing hand-made in England umbrellas available at our London stores. Perfect for a typically wet English summer day!
- MadebyOrg A look at Ardalanish, a really interesting company, particularly in light of the recent interest in UK manufacturing http://fb.me/O2ZYw2DU
And quite a few tweets about Evan Davis’ Made in Britain on BBC2 last Monday….
- @ETautz Watch BBC2’s marvelous Made in Britain. I now really want a @bromptonbicycle, and I now really don’t want a Paul Costello suit.
- @NSEAD_Sophie Here’s hoping No.10 has tuned into #madeinbritain Successful manufacturing in the UK 2day is based on ‘creativity, innovation & imagination’
- @Tusting BBC2: Love it that the good news gets aired! We’re in that gang, making Great British leather goods. http://tusting.co.uk/
- New Designers 2011 – the best of this years design graduates showcase their work at the Business Design Centre from the 29th June to the 9th of July. These are some of our craftsmen of the future, please go and support them!
- Made in Britain with Evan Davis continues on BBC2 this Monday, when he questions whether economic focus should be on the creation and marketing of new products, rather than manufacturing.
We’ve just launched a Facebook page, please Like us and we will repay you in some way in the future. Promise.
Subscribe to the newsletter to receive the best of Made in Britain in your inbox every Sunday.