Today we are going on a trip to Leicester to meet the family behind textile firm Shahtex.
The guys at Shahtex are experts in circular knitting. Up until recently, they have been knitting fabrics for big online retailers
Shahtex have now invested in four state-of-the-art circular knitting machines, the first of their kind in the UK. These machines enable the factory to produce seamless garments, the likes of which you would have had to go to Europe for before to get made.
In this interview, I chat with Tejas and Pramod Shah at their factory in Leicester about why they decided to buy the machines and how they plan to change the reputation of the Leicestershire textile industry.
- [03:28] When Tejas and his father set up the business and what’s changed since
- [06:20] Why Shatex have invested in new circular seamless knitting machines
- [08:57] Who Shatex are looking to work with to produce better quality garments
- [11:12] Why Shatex have higher minimum order quantities
- [13:58] How Shatex is aiming to run the whole production line under one roof
- [16:33] Where Shatex aims to be in the next 5 years