204 – Making luxury lingerie in the UK – Lucy Jones, Lucy Jones Lingerie
Lucy Jones was the founder of a prestigious, luxury lingerie brand back in the 1980s.
Her distinctive silk lingerie was stocked in retailers such as Harvey Nichols and Rigby & Peller.
After two decades working in education, Lucy decided to relaunch her lingerie brand, making the entire collection herself and at a small atelier in the UK.
In this episode, Lucy speaks about some of the differences between running a luxury ingerie brand in the 1980s, compared to today.
- [02:18] How Lucy first got into the industry
- [04:09] Launching a lingerie brand in the 1980s
- [09:20] How Lucy wholesaled to prestigious London stores
- [14:21] Why Lucy decided to close her original business
- [20:23] The challenges Lucy faced when she relaunched her business in 2019
- [23:29] How the pandemic has caused Lucy to focus on the online presence of her brand
- [27:28] Lucy’s thoughts on today’s disposable fashion culture
More Lucy Jones Lingerie