London-based designer Maria Grachvogel is renowned for her clever use of quality cutting to flatter the female figure.
In this interview, Maria talks about why she has chosen to use more UK manufacturers for her collection, and how changing her business model has helped her to build closer relationships with her clients.
She also discusses the importance of quality, and how buying less, of better quality would solve many of the sustainability issues with clothing and fashion.
- How Maria’s childhood shaped her fashion career [02:02]
- Maria’s beliefs on producing garments that are designed to last [04:48]
- How Maria is reshoring her production back to the UK [11:59]
- The reason why Maria’s clients prefer well-made products over fast fashion [22:09]
- Maria’s thoughts on how we can educate consumers and encourage them to buy quality garments [29:25]
- What’s next for Maria’s brand in terms of sustainability and introducing new technology [37:25]
More Maria Grachvogel