172 – Should you sell your UK-made products on an online marketplace?
What are some of the pros and cons of selling your products on an online marketplace?
And how do you know which ones you should be on?
Along with the well-established online marketplaces such as Etsy and Not on the High Street, there are lots of new ones springing up.
Many of these specialise in certain niches, including a few newcomers who sell only UK-made goods.
- What is an online marketplace? [01:49]
- Why would you consider selling on an online marketplace? [02:41]
- The drawbacks to joining a well-known and global marketplace [05:19]
- The essential questions you need to ask any marketplace that you join [07:18]
- Why a new marketplace charging a low commission may not be the ideal one to sell on [08:04]