168 – How much does it cost to start a UK-made brand?
There are a lot of different costs involved in launching a brand. But in this episode, I break it down into four main segments: prototyping; stock; marketing and admin.
I also advise on what the typical amount is that new businesses spend in getting their brand off the ground, and smart ways that you can reduce those costs.
- The new ‘Made in UK’ Award introduced by The Great British Entrepreneur Awards for 2021 in partnership with Make it British [01:14]
- The costs you need to account for before you put your products into production [02:49]
- An idea on costs you might be charged for sampling [04:27]
- Why you shouldn’t invest all of your money in stock [06:37]
- The one thing that every new brand forgets to save enough money for [09:05]
- The boring but important stuff you may not have thought about [13:44]
- How to stop your costs from spiralling out of control [13:59]
Launching a brand?
If you are launching a brand and totally new to manufacturing I recommend taking my How to Launch a UK-made Brand course. It will guide you through the 6 steps you need to take before you are ready to reach out to a manufacturer. And guarantee you much more success!