166 – 12 Questions to ask a new manufacturer
Choosing a manufacturer is one of the most important decisions you can make in the development of your products, so it’s important to find the right one.
When you are assessing whether a manufacturer is a good fit for you there are certain questions that you should ask them. Some of these questions you may want to ask over the phone initially, in order to narrow down your choice, but others, such as those about price, are best approached in a face to face situation.
In this episode, I cover some of the key questions you should ask a manufacturer to get to know them better.
- Why it’s important to see the factory floor [03:18]
- What you can benefit from seeing a manufacturer face to face [04:40]
- What audits you might expect them to have and why they may not have any [05:48]
- Why it’s important to know who else they manufacture for [06:56]
- Why you may not want to ask them to sign an NDA [07:53]
- The all-important payment question [11:04]
- Why UK manufacturers are likely to charge for samples [16:14]