160 – Launching a clothing brand? Should you start with a seamstress or a factory?
If you want to launch a clothing label should you get your first samples made by a seamstress or should you go straight to working with a factory?
In this episode, I cover the pros and cons of both so that you can make the decision for yourself as to which you think is best for your business.
- How a seamstress can translate your ideas into an initial prototype [02:32]
- Why you should start with a small production run [04:11]
- The price difference between a seamstress and a factory [04:50]
- One of the downsides of working with a seamstress is they may not have certain types of machinery that a factory might have [05:47]
- The difference in the way a seamstress might make something compared to a factory [07:29]
- The advantages of working with a factory when your sales take off [10:33]