157 – Tapping into deadstock materials – Dessy Tsolova, Fashion Insiders & Co
How can you find deadstock materials for your brand?
In this episode, Dessy from Fashion Insiders & Co and I discuss some of the challenges of starting a fashion brand, including one of the biggest challenges of all, which is how to find raw materials in small quantities.
Dessy has recently launched a platform call My Factori which hosts online pop-up sales selling raw materials that designers may otherwise not have access to.
It also solves a problem for the manufacturers that have cash tied up in raw materials sitting in their factories that they can’t use.
- The moment Dessy realised she didn’t want to work as a fashion designer [02:03]
- How she launched the manufacturing platform Utelier [03:59]
- The biggest challenges for people setting up a brand in 2021 [05:40]
- What criteria you should look for when trying to find someone to help you with manufacturing. [08:49]
- The challenge of finding raw materials and how Dessy has set up a platform to help solve the issue [11:56]
- How manufacturers can sell their deadstock raw materials [24:31]
- Other places to find stock / small quantities of sustainable raw materials [34:17]
More about Dessy Tsolova and Fashion Insiders & Co