075 Live! – Paul Alger MBE, UKFT
The UK imports considerably more fashion and textiles than it exports. But the UK Fashion & Textile Association are aiming to address that.
Paul Alger is Director of International Business at the UKFT. Over the last 30 years Paul has helped thousands of fashion and textile designers and brands to export their products.
He was recently awarded an MBE for his services to exports in the UK fashion industry.
In this talk, which Paul gave at Make it British Live!, he covers everything you need to know about exporting your British-made brand, including:
- Who are the champions of UK manufacturing?
- Which countries want to buy made in UK products and why?
- Why should a British-brand export?
- What appeals to overseas buyers when it comes to buying fashion and textiles made in the UK?
- What are the pitfalls to avoid?
If you want to learn how to export with success then Paul Alger is the go-to person to help you.