060 – Diana Kakkar, MAES London – High End Product Development in the Fashion Industry
Listen to this episode of the Make it British Podcast (34:23)
Diana Kakkar runs a high end, small batch manufacturing unit in East London. She works with some well-known fashion designers as well as start-ups, helping them to produce their collections.
Diana has some great tips for anyone wanting to understand about fashion manufacturing in small quantities.
In this episode discover:
- How Diana transitioned into fashion from a completely different career
- The process from sketch to sample
- How pattern-cutters work and why their work is so important
- How to communicate with a manufacturer to get samples made
- How to find the right manufacturer
- Why Diana offers business advice for designers
Subscribe to this podcast – and support UK manufacturing