053 – Isabelle Ugochukwu, Isabella Queen – Launching and Growing a Premium British-Made Brand
Starting a British-made brand is a big undertaking. Isabella Ugochukwu has done just that, and in this episode shares her advice on launching, and growing, a premium British-made leather goods brand.
I’ve known Isabelle for several years now and I’ve watched her business grow and blossom. She always has fantastic advice to offer those that are also making in the UK, or wishing to start out so this episode is well worth listening to if you’re someone who wants to launch a product-based business and wants to make in the UK. She also talks about how she has developed a fantastic relationship with her manufacturer and how that’s allowed her to pivot the direction in which her business is taking her.
In this interview Isabelle discusses:
- The costs of launching a premium leathergoods brand
- The importance of finding the right manufacture for you and your product
- Where to source UK manufacturers
- How and where to market a British-made brand
- Finding buyers for premium products
- The challenges Isabelle has faced on her journey
- How much it cost her to launch her brand
ISABELLA QUEEN is exhibiting at Make it British Live! where they’ll be showcasing the new interior range.
Meet them there on 29 & 30 May at Business Design Centre, London.
Business Design Centre, London N1
Want to find out how your business can benefit from being at the show? Apply here
Subscribe to this podcast – and support UK manufacturing