Talks at this year’s Meet the Manufacturer event will explore ‘Partnerships, Production and Provenance’ in UK manufacturing.
Will you be joining us for our free drop-in seminars at this year’s Meet the Manufacturer?
At this year’s Meet the Manufacturer event Make it British will be hosting free to attend, drop in seminars which will provide the perfect opportunity to explore all aspects of the industry. We have an inspiring line up of speakers who will be offering advice for manufacturers, designers and buyers, based on their real-life experiences.
Speakers already confirmed for this year’s talks include:
- Hal Watts of Unmade and Simon Cotton of Johnstons of Elgin who will illustrate how a partnership between one of the UK’s most innovative manufacturers with one of the oldest is good for business.
- Harriet Wallace-Jones and Emma Sewell from textile studio Wallace Sewell, who’ve been in partnership since graduating from the Royal College of Art in 1990, will be sharing the secrets of ‘building a good partnership with your manufacturer’.
- Husband and wife team, Kate and Graham Holbrook from Turtle Doves will advise on ‘How to make a million with an old sewing machine and a design idea’.
- Joan Johnston has for over 25 years been engaged in both creative and commercial roles within British luxury textiles and will discuss the importance of using provenance to engage the consumer from a national and global perspective.
- Law firm Potter Clarkson, will be covering the hot topic of ‘Intellectual property in the fashion and textile industry’.
All seminars are drop-in this year, so visitors can attend as many talks as they like.
Registering in advance is free and will save you a £20 entrance fee on the door.
Meet the Manufacturer is a trade show organised by Make it British. It is the only sourcing event exclusively showcasing British manufacturers and producers.
24 – 25 May 2017, The Old Truman Brewery, London. E1