Need some advice on making clothing in the UK? Pop into the ‘Meet the Expert’ drop-in clinic at our Meet the Manufacturer trade show and get your questions answered.
For people thinking about starting up or expanding a business, this year we have a brand new feature to at our Meet the Manufacturer trade show just for you.
In our new, dedicated Enterprise Hall we will have a team of experts on hand offering one-to-one practical advice and hands-on experience on different aspects of manufacturing and business development.
With nearly 150 years of manufacturing and product development experience between them , our expert team will be on-site at the event to answer questions on the hot topics of sourcing and production.
The Meet the Expert team includes:
- David Reay, previously Manufacturing and Sourcing Director at J Barbour and Sons
- Daliah Simble, previously of Roland Mouret, set up her own fashion consultancy in 2015
- Alison Lewy MBE, founder of Fashion Angel and mentor and author of Design, Create, Sell – a guide to starting a fashion business
- Vic Rosenberg, former MD of Puffa, with over 40 years experience in production and supply chains
- Saumen Kar, director of London Ethnic, which helps designers in the early stages of their business by offering marketing and production services
- Kate Hills, founder of Make it British, previously a designer and buyer for Burberry and M&S
This carefully-selected team of experts will be sharing their insights and practical advice in these free, drop-in sessions. We’re expecting this service to be very popular, so visitors will be able to book their slot on the day and will be invited to leave any unanswered questions with the panel, to be answered in one of our weekly Make it British Facebook Live sessions at a later date.
Meet the Manufacturer is proud to be the only sourcing event exclusively for British fashion, accessories and homeware.
Taking place on 24 and 25 May at The Old Truman Brewery, London, this year’s trade show will be the biggest and best yet with around 200 exhibitors.
New for 2017 are a series of free drop-in seminars, workshops and demonstrations connecting manufacturers of textiles, apparel and leather goods with buyers, designers and retailers looking to produce quality British-made products.
Also new this year is a British Brands Hall, giving creative businesses the opportunity to showcase their distinct and inspirational labels, including Marlborough of London, The English Mineral Make Up Company and Elizabeth Martin Tweed.
For more details and to register for a free ticket visit www.meetthemanufacturer.co.uk
Grab a copy of our UK Manufacturer & Supplier List
Brand new digital version for 2020
The list contains the details of hundreds of hand-picked UK manufacturers and suppliers.