A big thank you to everyone that has supported Make it British in 2011.
I can’t believe that it is less than a year since Make it British was launched as a way of supporting British made brands and UK manufacturers. In the last eight months I have spoken to and met a wide range of designers, manufacturers, brand owners, craftspeople, journalists and individuals, as well as a few politicians and a couple of celebrities, all of whom are working in their own way to enable the growth of manufacturing in Britain.
Make it British has big plans in store for the year ahead – if you are a British manufacturer, designer who manufactures their products in the UK, or simple care about the provenance of the products that you buy – you won’t want to miss out. If you haven’t already signed up to our newsletter then sign up NOW.
In the meantime, here are our 12 favourite features on British brands and manufacturing from 2011:
- Celtic Sheepskin – the British made Ugg
- English Shoes – 10 Brands that are till made in Britain
- 5 British outerwear brands all still made in the UK
- British Wool – it’s not all about carpet and tweed
- Made in Britain logo revealed
- Made in Britain debate
- 7 must-have items of British cycling regalia
- Harris Tweed celebrates its 100th anniversary
- Mary Portas to champion UK manufacturing
- Make it in Great Britain – questions for Vince Cable
- Deborah Meaden champions British manufacturing with new venture The Merchant Fox
- Lord Sugar speaks up for British manufacturing in the House of Lords